When: Thursday, January 11, 2018 Location: AWWA Training Center, 6666 W Quincy Ave, Denver, CO 80235
Time: 8:00am (Registration/Continental Breakfast) 8:30am - 4:00pm (Seminar/including lunch)
RSVP: Visit the RMSAWWA Website to RSVP. Please RSVP by January 3, 2018.
Train the Trainer Outline:
1) Providing training to reach adult learners
· Understand how adults learn
· Improve learning and retention
· Know the difference between a sage-on-the-stage and a guide-on-the-side
2) Designing effective training
· Apply a 3- step process for developing a needs analysis
· Create effective learning objectives
· Determine the right amount of content
· Structure training to optimize learning
· Measure success
3) Identifying appropriate engagement strategies
· Balance presentation and engagement
· Apply different engagement strategies, when to use and how to apply
Instructor: Jeff Oxenford is a Training and Technical Assistance Specialist for the Rural Community Assistance Partnership and Principal at Oxenford Consulting. He currently develops training curriculum to support RCAP and AWWA trainers nationwide and has delivered over 150 technical presentation and workshops. He conducts Train the Trainer workshops for RCAP network partners, AWWA, ABC, and AWWA sections. He has over 30 years of experience with the water supply industry and has worked for the Water Research Foundation and New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. He has an M.S.E. in Environmental Engineering from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and a B.A. in Chemistry and Environmental Management from Warren Wilson College.
Questions: Contact Ann Guiberson, RMSAWWA Executive Director at email@example.com or 720-404-0818.